Privacy & Security Policy
Collection of Information
- We receive and may store any information you enter on our Site or make available to our Site in other ways. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, place an order, create an address book, send us an e-mail or call us. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, demographic information, geographic area and your preferences. It may also include information you provide about other people, for example the name and address of a gift recipient.
- We may also receive information about you from other sources in order to personalize services offered to you.
- When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected, such as your computer's operating system and browser type, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time and date of your visit. This information is collected through the use of "cookies".
- Through "cookies" we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. Cookies are alpha numeric identifiers that we transfer to our computer's hard drive through your web browser. There are utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously by allowing you to prevent your browser accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies all together.
Use of Information
- In general, we use the information you provide to enhance your experience with GiftCardsForACause.com and to provide you with high quality products and services. For example, we use it to process and track your purchases and other transactions via the Site, maintain a record of our dealings with you and respond to your inquiries.
- GiftCardsForACause.com does not use or disclose your personal information for marketing or promotional purposes.
Disclosure of Information
- We contract with third-party vendors to help us provide services and process transactions with you. For example, we may host some of our Site or databases on another company's computers and/or utilize their services in hosting portions of our Site, hire a company to answer customer questions, send information about our products and other services, complete orders or collect payment for us, or hire a company to help us market our products and services. In order to perform their jobs, these third-party vendors may have limited access to some of the information we maintain about you. We require all such third-party vendors to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligation, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us or on our behalf. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to them.
- We provide aggregate information regarding the use of our Site to merchants whose gift cards and certificates we sell, but these statistics do not include personally identifying information.
- Information about our visitors may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of all or part of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
- GiftCardsForACause.com is committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of your information. In an effort to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information while it is under our control, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online via the Site.
- When you register for an account on the Site, we ask you to create a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by an person using your password.
Links to Other Web Sites
If you provide our Site with your e-mail address, you may receive e-mails from us. For example, you may receive an e-mail regarding the status of your order, for customer service inquiries, for other reasons related to the fulfillment of your order, or in response to requests initiated by you. GiftCardsForACause.com does not use or disclose your e-mail address for marketing or promotional purposes.
Your Consent / Policy Changes
Concerns & Comments
Updated April 2, 2009